Computer Controlled Cutting#
Goal of this unit#
In this unit, you will learn how to design, prepare 2D CAD files and lasercut them.
- Install a 2D vector imagery tool, Inkscape, and follow some Inkscape basic tutorials
- Read and study this laser cutter manual. You will be quizzed at the beginning of the class (particularly in the area of security) !
- characterize your lasercutter’s focus, power, speed, kerf, … for folding and cutting cardboard paper
- design, lasercut, and document a kirigami (cut and folds) to make a 3D object
- Demonstrate and describe 2D design processes
- Identify and explain processes involved in using the laser cutter.
- Develop, evaluate and construct the 3D object made from a kirigami