Computer Controlled Machining#
Goal of this unit#
In this unit, you will
- understand what is a CNC milling machine
- learn how to use the CAM tool in Fusion 360 (setting-up and simulation)
- learn to operate a CNC milling machine
- Subscribe and install Fusion 360
- Summarize the safety rules to be followed when using the CNC milling machine.
- Summarize important steps that you need to set up the CNC milling machine and to mill a part
- Assist to a demo
- Using a CAD tool, design a part that you would like to mill using the CNC. The part should take no longer than 15 minutes to be milled.
- Prepare and simulate milling your part using a CAM tool.
- Set up the CNC milling machine tool.
- Mill your part !
- Using text, screenshots and photos show how you did the job.
- Show a hero shot of your milled part !